Rainforest & Wildlife Volunteer
Kuranda & Cairns | Australia
Looking for the volunteer opportunity of a lifetime? Join us in sunny Cairns for our rainforest and wildlife volunteer program!
Our International Wildlife Volunteer Program combines volunteering opportunities at the Australian Butterfly Sanctuary, Rainforestation Nature Park and Cairns ZOOM and Wildlife Dome.
Experience our diverse and stunning tropical region as a local and immerse yourself in our unique culture and lifestyle. Meet other volunteers from around the globe and, most importantly, make a positive impact on our local environment!
Expand your skillset and have a true Aussie experience through a range of rainforest, nature and wildlife duties, including looking after native wildlife, landscaping and more.
The rainforest and wildlife volunteer program includes dormitory style accommodation with self-catering kitchen facilities, air conditioning and communal areas.
How to Apply
Apply by contacting one of the below agencies or by emailing email@example.com
- Spain, Belgium, France, Italy and Switzerland – World Education Program (WEP)
- Britain and America’s – Gap360
- France – Freepackers
Typical Volunteer Duties
- Preparing food for our native wildlife
- Cleaning and maintenance of the wildlife park
- Upkeep of displays and exhibits
- Landscaping of tropical gardens and fruit orchards
- General maintenance of grounds and facilities.
- Denmark –Travel ALOTT – Working Holiday
- Sweden and Norway – GoXplore
- Germany – AIFS Educational Travel
- Netherlands – Oak Travel
- Butterfly egg collection
- Assist with record keeping duties under supervision
- Regulated animal handling opportunities- subject to availability.
- Koala leaf collection & distribution